Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Jewel

My children are jewels....there is no question. Everyone says that about their kids....but I am biased. Take, for instance, tonight. The big boys had left to go to the grocery store, leaving little Clancey and I at home. I bathed him, then decided I really could use a shower after our long walk tonight.
I asked him if he would be willing to sit on his step stool in the bathroom while I took a quick shower, to which he ran off to get the step stool all set up. This little jewel of a boy sat, with his hands folded in his lap, in his little white undershirt onesy, on the step stool the ENTIRE TIME I showered. Then, upon hearing the water turn off, opened the door for me, handed me a towel and then told me he would move (to which he walked to the other side of the bathroom to give me room to exit the shower and stood with his hands folded on his stomach.)
The little jewel we speak of here is 21 months old...there are adults I don't think I could instruct that well.

How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails