Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sometimes It Takes a Mess


My darling almost one-year old helped me remember something the other night....I never send handwritten notes anymore. Email has become so commonplace that I type out a quick message to my chosen recipient and hit send....never sitting down to thoughtfully compose my feelings or write about what my family has been up to lately...the kind of personal reflection that everyone needs to have once in a while to stay grounded. As my stash of cards, note paper, return address lasbels and the like were scattered all over the kitchen floor before bedtime, I sat there, on the floor with Clancey and took it all in. This is one more thing that I had neglected and hope to get back again. Check your mailbox, a special note may arrive soon from someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails