Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Drying Cherry Tomatoes

We will dub today "Day of the Cherry Tomato". They will not win this year....I will win....I will dry out their little red butts...they will not laugh at me until the first frost...mocking my inability to use them all up. HA HA cherry tomatos!! I SHALL WIN!!
They are making a valiant effort to produce more than any human can possibly harvest.

BUT. WE. WILL. WIN.
I set up my little drying racks...I used screens that were in the basement...they need to be plastic screen (not sure what would happen with metal...rust?).




Sliced each one in half. Sprinkled the whole show with a tad of salt to speed up the process.


Then invited them all to the Big Top. Where they shall shrivel and dry....and delight us all winter long. :-)


Introducing my evil assistant....my doer of dastardly deeds....okay, he just handed me the tomatoes...I did the dirty work.
And it's best to do your dastardly deeds in
inside out, backwards underpants, with dinosaur rain boots on.

4 comments:

  1. i loved your post...it made me giggle. i have a few evil assistants at my house too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... his little tighty whities are killin' me. How did they turn out? I totally wanna try this. What will you do with them?

    (Is that enough questions.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta ask, what do you do with them when they are dried. Can you make "sun-dried" tomatoes sauce? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! How long do they take to dry? Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails