Sunday, January 24, 2010

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies


Since becoming a mom (and before that, despite a brief love affair with B-Bops in college) I've tried to put things on the menu that are healthy and full of veggies. Neither of my kids have ever consumed pop, and french fries were just introduced in the last year when my six year old made an independent decision when ordering at a restaurant! We usually shock waitresses when he orders broccoli instead of fries. Love my little veggie eaters! Now don't get me wrong, I'm no food saint...I LOVE CHOCOLATE. It's my downfall. But lately I've even avoided that....sugar does BAD things to me.

BUT, I have kids! Kids deserve cookies fresh from the oven when they get home from school...I love that part of being a stay at home mom. I found this recipe, modified it a bit and hold onto your hats. THEY. ARE. AWESOME.

Whole wheat....zucchini....tiny bit of sugar....are you still with me? Lucky you! Now the best part....soft, chewy cookies with semi sweet chocolate chunks! I'm no expert, but I think these cookies might actually be good for you! At least that's the one I'm going with. My boys gobbled these down and I didn't even feel bad about it! This is a great recipe, and has inspired me to put zucchinis on my "to grow" list for this summer! Even if you don't think you like zucchini give these a try...they're wonderful!!


Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 medium zucchini, grated (appx. 1 cup)
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
1) Preheat oven to 350, spray cookie sheet.
2) Cream margarine and sugar til light and fluffy. Add egg, flour, soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well. Add zucchini and chips. Mix well.
3) Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 min.
Makes 48 cookies.
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails