Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How to Use Fresh Cilantro

Last night I used the first bit of fresh cilantro from my kitchen garden!! I was totally inspired by my friend Kim after reading her post about herbs! I'd never thought about using it in guacamole! YUMMO!! This recipe is really good...as I'm not a HUGE fan of guac but this is so smooth and spicy and wonderful. I did didn't eat all of it myself...my husband ate a bit. ;-) I cut the recipe in half, so there wouldn't be leftovers...and I could make more fresh today!!

Mexican Guacamole
1 ripe tomato
2 limes
2-3 small ripe avocados
1/4-1 finely chopped onion (per taste)
pinch of ground cumin
pinch of chili powder
1/4-1 fresh green jalapeno
1 T. finely chopped cilantro
salt (only if using as a sauce, if using as dip with tortilla chips don't add)
Smush the avocado with the lime juice, then stir in the other ingredients. ENJOY!!

This meal is a PERFECT way to use up leftover taco ingredients. I always throw the leftover taco meat in the freezer for this quick meal later. A few organic blue corn tortilla chips, taco meat, shredded cheddar, fresh lettuce from my brother and sister in law's CSA, tomatoes and red onion....with a side of YUMMO guacamole and salsa!!! Can't wait til my tomatoes are ready...and I coerce the BEST SALSA RECIPE EVER out of my brother. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. those birds in the backgroud are just fabulous! where ever did you find them? ;)

    and the guacamole looks wonderful, perfect summer day recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use that fresh cilantro in homemade salsa... so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-

    We use cilantro often- living in South Texas- and one of my favorite uses is in a pot of pinto beans.

    Add a few sprigs at the end of their cooking time.
    Amazing!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...... I love guacamole. I've never made it with jalapenos, chile powder and cumin, though. Should try that.

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails