Saturday, July 23, 2011

Signs and Ice Cream


In preparation for Miss Effie's Annual Ice Cream Social, I've spent some time creating a few pieces to be for sale in the Summer Kitchen.  Just delivered these on Friday....gives me a great excuse to visit one of my favorite people.  Of course I will be finding my way back out to the farm tomorrow to actually ATTEND the ice cream social.  Seriously folks, who can turn down homemade french silk chocolate ice cream and 'just baked for me' carrot cake?  Not I.  Not I.  Oh, and I don't think I could keep my kids away from the dwarf baby goats if I tried.  I mean, a goat smaller than a chicken?  Forgedaboudit.


I had to paint an egg sign....the only place I buy eggs from is Miss Eff.  Best eggs around.  I won't even touch storebought eggs anymore....gives me the heebygeebies.  She's spoiled me like that.


And of course we needed an ice cream sign for an ice cream social!  I used a new crackle/layering technique on the signs....worked like a charm....and was SUPER cheap.  Did you know crackle medium rivals only printer ink in per ounce cost?  hehehe.   I need to save every penny right now....my super hero Rich is starting our bath remodel next week.   Can I get an A-MEN?!   


Oh, and we all know how I feel about details.  Love. Them. 


I hope this sign finds a nice home....it's a favorite.  Maybe I'll sneak it back out of the Summer Kitchen tomorrow. ;-) Unless you get to it before I do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love love the the egg sign! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see this summer heat hasn't stole any or your amazing talent. beautiful as usual!

    have a blast at miss effies! i'm sure your signs will go quick!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails