Friday, June 10, 2011

Up Top


Finishing the ceiling has been the catalyst to SO many wonderful finishing touches in the kitchen-project-that-has lasted-into-infinity.  Would it be strange to invite everyone I know over just to stare at my kitchen ceiling.  Perhaps I should do that in private, so as not to reveal my obsession with it. ;-)  Did you know that drywall can be finished with NO SANDING AT ALL?  Um....apparently it can....by Rich.  Do you remember I talked about Rich and the ceiling a bit ago.  
However....I never showed a photo of the finished product.


I've never seen a more beautiful, smooth, perfect ceiling in all my life.  For reals.  Rich was here twice a day for a week to produce this glorious masterpiece.  WITH NO SANDING.  Guess what Rich is doing next?  Remodeling my bathroom....I mean seriously...if you can produce a finish like that you're more than qualified to tackle my gross bathroom. 


Then today, superhero #2 arrived.  My super awesome electrically talented friend Adam stopped by to put up my light fixtures.  (Do you remember Adam?)  The light fixtures that have sat in boxes in my foyer for oh....about 3000 years.  He had them up in a jiffy....and I fell over from swooning.  I was only a moderate amount of help due to the fact I spent most of the time staring in delight at the beautiful fixtures against the beautiful ceiling.   


This was the first beautiful girl to go up.  And look....it even lights up! 


Oh....soooooo.....pretttyyyyyy.  The fixture above the stove is a smaller size than the next two...... 


Hello big beautiful ladies.  You provide the prettiest light....can't wait for dark to really try you out. 


What a happy light family.  And a happy Jen.

3 comments:

  1. The lights (and ceiling) look great! I really like how the wall with the stove turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM OBSESSED WITH THE LIGHT FIXTURES! AND THE CEILING! AND THE CHALKBOARD WALL. Best kitchen remodel ever. I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with your kitchen...everything in it is perfect...the beadboard, the chalkboard wall, the lights, the vintage sign...ahhhh

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails