Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Micro Chocolate


Today I received a forwarded email from my mom, giving the recipe for 5 Minute Chocolate Cake. Anything with the words chocolate and cake spark my attention...and given that my laptop sits right on the kitchen counter and my little munchkin is napping, I thought hey, let's give this a go. The recipe is very straightforward and quick, with a 3 minute "bake" time in the microwave. The recipe warns that the cake will rise out of the cup, but not to be alarmed. I peaked in at 2 minutes and it was rubbing on the top of my micro! Hmmm...wish I'd wiped that off before. The beeper beeped and I peaked inside again...now my cake had disappeared! Fearing that the cake had exploded into a million bits I carefully opened the door and removed the cup. This is what I found. Hmm...again, looking a little odd. Now for the taste test. Do they make chocolate flavored sponges? If so, nibble on one and you'll get the real experience as you read. Now ladies, if you're like me sometimes a girl just needs a chocolate fix and this will do. If you've ever eaten a dried up tootsie roll in the bottom of last year's Halloween bucket, just for that little pick me up you know what I'm talking about. It wasn't terrible, but was a little scary to look at. Sometimes you've gotta do, what you've gotta do.


MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug

4 tablespoons flour(that's plain flour, not self-rising)

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons baking cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well Add the egg and mix thoroughly.Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails