Monday, October 11, 2010

Girls Can Do WHAT?

Saturday was lumber day.....and ReStore day.....and grocery store day. I have funny stories from the ReStore and Menards. I went alone....a GIRL all alone, to the ReStore and Menards. I know...did you realize they let women in those places ALONE?
The conversation at the ReStore went like this..........

Guy who came out to help me load: Are you here alone?
Me: Yeah.
Guy: Well how did they think you were going to get these cabinets in this truck alone?
Me: I must look strong.
Guy: Hm. Go girl power.

The conversation at Menards went like this..........

Guy in line in front of me: Big project huh?
Me: Yep.
Guy: Did you pick out all that lumber by yourself?
Me (a little confused): Um, yeah.
Guy: Are you going to use it all yourself?
Me: YES.
Guy: What are you going to do with it?
Me: I'm remodeling my kitchen.
Guy: Oh. (then proceeds to stare at me for the duration of our time in line like I just said I'm planning the lunar launch from my backyard at 6.)

So anyway, apparently girls aren't supposed to do this. I'll admit I don't do things the "typical" way....but this is progress in my book.


Primed upper wall.

A little beadboard.


Finished beadboard. The cabinet installed to the left. That's going to be topped with shelves and a solid oak countertop.



Beadboard capped and painted!! And the upper wall painted a pretty blue grey. (looks more grey here....trust me it's blue grey)



Cabinet one.


Cabinet two....more on these later.

9 comments:

  1. Wow - you are making serious headway. I bet it's exciting to see it all happening! The beadboard looks amazing, and those cabinets look great too - can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an awesome job! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking fabulous! (I get funny looks, too, sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really moving on! I really like the blue grey paint. Very soft. I hope your husband appreciates your hard work. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL your conversations cracked me up. Nice work on the remodel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Funny!

    It's a good thing you didn't go to Menards bright and early when all the contractors where there! You might have had a Music Man like group following you around the store!

    I can't believe someone covered up a live switch - what were they thinking?

    Here a quick story for you. A few years back my dad was remodeling his main bathroom and had to fix a hole in the wall. While working on it, he cut the sheetrock back and discovered one of those ugly orange extension cord inside the wall. Stumped as to why it would be in the wall, he cut more sheetrock and discovered that the cord ran up to the ceiling to power the bathroom fan! Another one of those what were they thinking moments!

    Love the color you picked for you walls. Keep up the fantastic work!

    p.s. sorry for the long post

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! I mentioned your blog in a post today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking awesome. I am loving the beadboard - I need to get doing that soon to my laundry room. Did you go to the barn sale in Lowden? I missed it- again!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails