Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lots of Progress on the Eastern Front (er....wall)

Start of yesterday. Paneling....bleck.
Midway through yesterday. Paneling gone.

Spackle....lots of spackle.


See there on the wall...next to the fridge outlet? There to the left of it.....



Was this. UNDER the paneling. Just like this...no cover....no nothing. (enter sarcasm) I have a good idea...there's a switch on the wall that we don't really want to deal with. Let's just put paneling over it. (end of sarcasm) Sheesh. Thanks.
Can you tell I'm getting a little snarky? That's what happens when you sort of just stop sleeping and keep working. I'm going to bed....right now. Oh wait, I'll finish the post first.
Anyhooo.....I got out my handy dandy voltage tester....guess what ladies and gentlemen. It's still live. LIVE! Let's cover a LIVE swith with PANELING. This is why not everyone should DIY. If you're lazy, don't DIY.....at least not at my house please.

Primed upper walls!!!

And the beadboarding shall ensue.

more tomorrow...same bat time. same bat channel. over and out.

5 comments:

  1. So my question... What does the switch control??? THe progress is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what does the switch do? There was a Friends episode where Monica was trying to figure out what a mysterious switch in Chandler and Joey's apartment did...she never figured it out!

    Are you doing all this DIYing by yourself? I hardly have the gumption or know-how to hang a picture frame on the wall, so I am very impressed by all of your progress!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU can come diy at my house anyway!!!

    When we put in a ceiling fixture in the living room, we found that there was a box with LIVE WIRES in the wall where the switch for it "should" go. So no switch, just some live wires hanging out attached to nothing. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't get over how much work you are doing! Do you ever rest? You're doing great work. I bet befor it's all said and done you will have lots of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't get over how much work you are doing! Do you ever rest? You're doing great work. I bet befor it's all said and done you will have lots of surprises.

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails