Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dare to DIY, Week 3....EAT COOKIES!!!

Guess what time it is! Time for another installment of the Dare to DIY party over at the NewlyWoodwards! I hang my head in shame....I missed last week's party. My table was covered in everything EXCEPT beautiful place settings....so I just couldn't be there....but there were SO many wonderful ideas.

This week's dare is......DARE TO EAT COOKIES. Frankly I don't need anything remotely resembling a dare to eat a cookie....but after this Thanksgiving's feasting I really should. Phew.

For my cookie I decided on the "Fudge Filled Sandies". YUMMO.
New recipe, super simple, looks fancy. Love that.


Just a few ingredients, but very cute for the holidays.


You have now experienced the ONLY holiday decorations in my entire house. ACK!
Now hiring:
Personal assistant to completely neurotic
woman with far too many irons
in far too many fires.

This is the wonderful cookie book I got my recipe from. It's a must-buy for anyone on your list who likes to bake. Every page is filled with AWESOME looking recipes.
(It just so happens that the Clarence Friends of the Library are selling these right now! $9.99 each, $5 of which goes directly to upgrades for the library!!)
Fudge-Filled Sandies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
additional confectioners' sugar
Filling:
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 T. light corn syrup
1 T. water
1 T. shortening
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and pecans; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Roll into 1" balls. Place 1" apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, made an indentation in the center of each. Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. In a microwave or double boiler melt chips, stir in remaining filling ingredients until smooth. Spoon into cooled cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.

9 comments:

  1. Those look amazing--cute, yummy, and festive! The perfect Christmas cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those look like something right off the cover of Southern Living! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't make the Challenge last week! I have never been good at setting a beautiful tablescape!
    Your cookies look awesome! I printed your recipe and adding this to our cookie list! Yum! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fudge filled anything works for me, so these look particularly good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum!

    those look soooo good. my family has made the same cookies for years and years and i love them, but i think it's time to start adding some new cookies to the list.

    i'm making these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How festive are these? Love it. I am still on the lookout for a cookie to make for our cookie exchange. Could this be it?

    And, you were totally excused last week You had a momma note and everything. ;)

    XOXO - thanks for joining in. Working on my resume for your assistant opening. You can pay me in cookies and jam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you had me at "fudge filled" - that's the way to my heart! :) they look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, these win for most adorable. Please send massive quantities my way. Thank you maam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are such pretty cookies, and they look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails