Thursday, July 15, 2010

Drying Dill Seed

We've had a lot of rain this summer. A. LOT. Over ten inches last month alone. While this may cause me to get a little ticky about the water in my basement once in a while, I certainly cannot complain because it has made the garden EXPLODE. One of the wonderful herbs that continues to reseed itself in my garden is dill. I love dill. Did you know in the world of folk remedy dill is supposed to aid in falling asleep. I told my kids that....now they pick it, eat it and pretend to fall asleep on the lawn. It's hilarious.
I've never tried drying herbs....but figured I would give it a shot this year because the dill is AMAZING....I've got plenty for pickles so I let a little go to seed......so I could do this......

I'll let you know how it turns out once it dries.


2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I should take lessons from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool.

    My dill is dead. I don't know how it happened. I'm going to try to find a plant at the farmer's market this week.

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails