Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Goodbye Dishpan Hands

Today we bid a farewell to this old clunker. The kitchen remodel that has lasted into infinity is crawling toward the finish line....and this was one of the last pieces. The dishwasher conked out quite a while ago....but I told myself I could do without one until the kitchen was done. Welllllll....it was close anyway.
Last Saturday we spun on over to Olsen's in Lowden....where you get super duper service. Seriously. I have a story....
last year we were hosting Thanksgiving and my oven decided it no longer wished to heat. I called Sears, where we had purchased the stove, to get service. To which I was told the soonest they could be out to ASSESS THE SITUATION (not fix the situation) was two and a half weeks from that day. I explained this wasn't my vegetable steamer, or my waffle maker, or something i could do without for two and a half weeks.....THIS WAS MY STOVE!!!!
To heck with you Sears and your sucky service. I called Olsen's.
Bless their hearts....they came out the same day. So anyway, long story longer, we've never called anyone else since....and now we are buying our appliances there too.
Josh stopped by today and took out the old clunker.

Bye bye.

And brought in the stainless beauty.


And promptly installed it. Yay!


We are really happy about it. Although this little funny guy was his usual clever self today. I told him that Josh was coming over to put in a new dishwasher, to which he replied "But you just got a new dishwasher". I said, no honey, that's an old dishwasher. He then replied, adamantly, NO, you just got a new dishwasher....IT'S RIGHT THERE. (pointing to the sink) I nearly fell on the floor. Touche.

6 comments:

  1. Using local businesses is the best. This summer our fridge and washer conked out within 2 weeks of each other. We tried the big box stores for the washer first and then compared prices with our local store. Not only were they cheaper but they had amazing service. So when it came time to replace the fridge we went back to same place. Now I won't even consider the chain stores for appliances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it possible to have dishwasher envy? if so... i have it.

    my dishwasher died a couple months ago too. i got a gently used dishwasher from craigslist, it works great but i've always dreamed of a stainless steel dishwasher. someday.

    but congrats on making it another step closer to the finish line! it's really coming along quite beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful machine! And yay for Olsen's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! I love it and all it's stainless beauty!

    p.s. I've passed an award your way, come on by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. He's hilarious. Comedian-to-be. And, I love your new dishwasher. I totally feel you on locally-owned places for service. Big Box stores can't touch it.

    Thanks for all your notes and kindness about my dad. It really means a lot. We're waiting to see him in ICU right now, and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I am visiting from Robin's blog, Happy at Home. Your son is so cute! I love what he said about the dishwasher! :)

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails