Saturday, May 7, 2011

McCormick's Irish Pub


I was recently contacted by a very sweet Coloradian (is that what people from Colorado are called?)...she was interested in a very special gift for Father's Day.  Lots of fun details to work with on this one....Irish submariner, currently building a pub in his basement!  Perfect combo for a neat sign. 


I started with this.  A little vision might help at this point. ;-)  I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned the wood. 


And painted, painted, painted. 



After the "aging" process. 




Do you recognize that little doodad?  Makes a really neat plaquard....
but it started life as a cabinet hardware escutcheon!








The little details are my favorite.  I hope this special dad enjoys his gift!! 

8 comments:

  1. That's really cool Jen! All the little details do make it. I love the metal plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Very Cool! I love it!!!!!

    They will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of my favorites! the detail is unreal. beautiful. beautiful. beautiful!!

    order that plane ticket for me yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! Patrick is going to love it. Jen, it seriously came out perfect! I hope that i can get him to smile for a picture next to it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this one, Jen! (Although I do say that every time!) it looks amazing. I esp. love the plaquard. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I agree....it may be one of my favorites. I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Jen This one is so amazing! I love all the little details and could look at it for hours lol. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing and beautiful....I love the details that just scream JEN!!
    Talent talent talent

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails