Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trading with Willow Avenue Pottery


Would you like to know the best part of owning your own business?  (I like to call it "business" like I'm a big shot ;-)   Bartering.  I know some REALLY cool people...that do REALLY cool stuff....so usually I feel like I make out like a bandit.  They get a sign....I get something WAY cooler. Several months ago I had the pleasure of meeting Becky from Willow Avenue Pottery.  Have you met?  You must....she's DE.light.FUL.  Delightful.  And she lives in a neato geodesic dome....she's super cool like that.  ANYWAY....Becky's studio needed a sign...and...well...that's what I do, that's who I am. ;-)  

SO.....Becky got a sign....and I got a bowl.....an amazing, beautiful, custom fruit bowl.  We'll get to that.  First, however, I wanted to buy one of Becky's beautiful yarn bowls for my mom, knitter extraordinaire.  I got to choose the glaze colors and everything!  Becky did an amazing job.  It is beautiful.




THIS is my fruit bowl.  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.  Perhaps I should say it again....LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.  The color is dreamy...it is GIGANTO....it's perfect. 


Just look at that glaze...how pretty. 


Becky even gave the inside of the bowl this beautiful design. 


Pretty pretty pretty. 


Oh how I love it. 


And check this out....TWO bunches of bananas, TWO peaches, ONE tomato AND a melon!  How many fruit bowls can do THAT kind of job?


My fruit is happy and so am I.  Thanks Becky!!!

Visit Becky on her website or Etsy.....you can have your very own beautiful piece of handcrafted pottery from Guthrie County, Iowa!!!

3 comments:

  1. Woo! Thanks for the post, Jen!.. and an even bigger thank you for our barter! I LOOOVE my sign! :)

    P.S. That's a happy banana. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky ... do you need flowers for life??? That yarn bowl is beautiful!!!!

    Both of you are tooo cool for words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that fruit bowl! Just so pretty and HUGE! And I think you both made out in this one, because the sign was fabulous, too.

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails