Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Vintage" Advertising ala Mill Creek Cafe


I have a new crafty addiction. (That kind is ok...don't call the Intervention folks) I've enjoyed painting signage for a long time....but this kind of painting is SO FUN! I get to beat on it with a hammer...sand off parts with my sanding block...paint a little looser...all in the attempt to make the signs look "old". The Mill Creek Cafe is going to have to have a rotating display of vintage advertisements because I'm on a roll!! Have you seen some of the vintage Santa clipart? OH. MY. GOODNESS. How can I resist, I ask you?
Sorry for the dark photos....it was nighttime...and this place has a warm glow ambiance...not the greatest for taking photos, but AWESOME for enjoying some wonderful home cooked food.
Which is your favorite? I have one....but I'm not telling. ;-)




1 comment:

  1. I love them all... I think my favorite is the homemade pies sign. You are so talented.

    Where is this Mill Street Cafe? I should try it.

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails