Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken Alphabet Soup

Today was one of those days...one of those perfect days where everything goes the way it's supposed to...I got TONS of stuff done at home...the kids are happy.....AND, my two year old told me THANK YOU for running his bath water. Yep, it was that perfect. :-) So in homage to the perfect day, I'm going to share our supper recipe....it was such a great day I made homemade chicken alphabet soup....and Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Bars (with M&M's instead....my little guy was such an angel today he deserved to be rewarded).

I LOVE it when a recipe starts by looking like that up there....a PILE of veggies!!! My kids L.O.V.E. this soup...yours will too, I promise. Pinky swear. If you want to make it even better, make it souper easy (aren't I funny? he he) Boil a big ole chicken on the weekend when you have a little time. (For super duper chickens get a hold of Aprons N Overalls in Manson, IA.These little chickies get to ACTUALLY RUN AROUND and eat wholesome feed...no yucky weirdo stuff...all natural!!) Pick all the meat off, separate into individual freezer bags, throw in the freezer for later. Put the pot of chicken water into the fridge, wait overnight, skim off all the gross fat, divide the liquid into freezer bags, throw these in the freezer too! NOW, grow a bunch of carrots and parsley, put them up in the freezer too.

Oh, I almost forgot! Visit Stringtown Grocery and snatch up some of these adorable alphabet noodles!!

When you're all ready with your ingredients throw them together into this yummy soup!

Chicken Alphabet Soup
3 medium carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, chopped
3/4 cup sweet onion, chop
1 T. olive oil
2 qt. chicken broth
3 cup cubed chicken
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 c. uncooked alphabet pasta
3 T. minced fresh parsley
In a dutch over, saute carrots, celery, and onion in oil til tender. Stir in broth, chicken and thyme. Bring to boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir in parsley.
Easy Peasy!!! Enjoy!!!
How was your day today?

1 comment:

  1. Your soup looks yummy! Thanks for mentioning Stringtown Grocery - I went there Monday! Loved it! Got lots of sprinkles and sugars for Easter cookies. Can't wait to go back - thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails