Saturday, March 13, 2010

Look What I Found!!



Looky looky what I found yesterday!!!! IT'S SPRING!!!! The sedum is pushing it's little head out of the ground. Thank the heavens...spring is here!!
Do you know what this is? Crickets chirping....silence....Bueller. Bueller. Not even a guess?
It's RHUBARB!!! Oh I can taste it now...rhubard crisp, rhubard bread, rhubarb muffins, rhubarb jam....
oh thank goodness Spring is here.

And then there was the sweetest gift of all. The tulips are peaking. Tulips are my F.A.V.O.R.I.T.E. Love them, love them, love them. I'll share when they peak their pretty colored heads out!

3 comments:

  1. You are skeeering me, lady. My tulips aren't coming up at all. Look at yours!?! I'm gonna be so sad if the 100 tulips we planted don't come up.

    Our irises are coming up, though, which makes me happy.

    And, I totally know rhubarb. I STILL have rhubarb frozen from last year....... haha! Everyone gives it to me cause we make a lot of crisps. =) Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhubarb is great. Our neighbors behind us have some and they graciously share every year. And I share with them my lilacs. Right now, it's not looking too springy in our yard considering it's a big muddy mess from where we lost our tree from the lightning strike last fall!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there with you on the excitement! After boy scouts left my house I rummage in the yard and found so many pretty green/red/purple sprigs of life popping out of the ground! After all this Iowa snow and cold, I am super excited to see it! It's great, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails