Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We're Ready


The plans have been made....the seeds are started (tomatoes and peppers that is)....now we just wait. As my Grandma Eula would say, wait until you can go in the garden with your bare feet and feel comfortable on the soil.....then it's time to plant.

I enjoy mapping out my planting in the garden...I rotate each year from raised bed to raised bed. Farmers do it, so I figure I should too. Can I count myself as a farmer? I think I will.




Last year my dill and cukes made friendly early on....what perfect friends. I hope they're friends again this year. The dill pickle supply has run dry at the VanOort homestead. ;-)

UPDATE:
I'm such a tease....didn't even tell you what I'm planting this year.
Thanks for reminding me Robin! :-)
In addition to the scallions, chives, garlic chives, rhubarb, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries already growing in the garden....I'll be planting:
Sweet Baby Girl tomatoes
Gurney Girl tomatoes
Sonora Hot peppers
Chile Sahuaros
Sweet Peppers
Snow Peas
Bush Beans
Dill
Zucchini
Parsley
Beets
Winter Squash
Italian Basil
Spinach
Cucumbers
Carrots
Coriander
Garlic

6 comments:

  1. Garden planning is always such fun! Could you let use all know what your planting this year?

    I plan to try sugar snap peas for something new this year - can't wait.

    The weather here feels like its mid-spring and that I should be planting but I have to keep reminding myself it's only March - a whole month to wait still. Not sure if I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening in my EArth Box this year and may try the square foot method (currently researching it).
    Can't wait to see your crops bearing fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great variety. Love your garden plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the congratulatory note on the JSIM giveaway... it's so exciting!
    Your garden is going to be spectacular! Hopefully the Iowa weather cooperates :)
    Speaking of Iowa, what town do you live in? I'm in Des Moines... small world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful garden! Your newest follower, happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails