Friday, March 26, 2010

M&M Cookie Bars

MMMM, mmmmm, MMMMM!!! These are so good I shouldn't even tell you what's in them...or maybe NOT in them, rather. (no white flour, very little sugar, super good for you flax & whole wheat) My kids like treats....okay, whose kids don't like treats? So I try to make them as healthy as possible....for a treat that is! Give these a try for a little sweet yummy! You might be hooked. ;-)
Jen's M&M Cookie Bars
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup coarse ground whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1-2 cups M&Ms
handful of flax seeds (don't tell my husband)
1) Preheat oven to 375. Spray 15 x 10 pan.
2) Combine flour, baking soda & salt in bowl. Beat butter, sugars, vanilla in mixer bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in M&M's. Spread into pan.
3) Bake til golden brown (10-15 minutes). Cool.

1 comment:

  1. Oh these look YUMMY! I love all of the good stuff inside too. Thanks for posting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails