Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day of Paint

A while ago....okay a WHILE ago, I offered to paint the little wood sign on the edge of Clarence. It was announced at the City Council meeting that I was going to do this little project. Darn....that means everyone knows how long it took me to get it done. ;-) Do you see the little sign down there? It says...A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE. I drive past this sign all the time....and it bothered me that it looked kinda shabby.

And.....the after! I think it looks nice. But...now I'm going to say something controversial....I think it makes the other signs look a little downtrodden. Hmm....I may offer my services further perhaps.


Before

After.
Now I'm not sure if you notice there on the right hand side of the photo.....the railroad tracks? I'm not a huge fan of trains. It goes back to childhood....just one of those irrational fears. However, we do live in a community that is visited by a train....oh every 20-30 minutes....ALL DAY LONG. So...you know you've lived in a "train town" A LONG TIME when you are standing 15 feet from the tracks and it takes halfway through the second train to really even notice the train is going by!
Oh, and I should alert the media....I've discovered a GREAT way to slow down traffic coming into Clarence. ;-)


Before I was the roadside entertainment I ran over to Lowden to do a little touch up on the Little Home sign. I think maybe the two panels were installed a teensy bit too close to each other....the letters didn't quite line up. Easily fixed with a ladder and a bit of paint.


Looks pretty neat I think! I'm always shocked at how small signs look outdoors.
This puppy is SIXTEEN feet long....and looks like it would fit in my back pocket from the ground!

On my way home I took the gravel back to Clarence (it's only 6 miles....and I thought it would be an interesting detour from the usual highway route.) There were lots of neat farmsteads...including this one....the house is empty. This one's for you Kim! There was a pretty red barn....and lots of space to plant a big garden....and even a cow!







5 comments:

  1. Great work! The Clarence sign really sticks out now. Much better!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The signs look great. But the house really caught my eye-- I hope someone moves in, loves it and cares for it... what a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big difference! And I think that house is perfect for Kim. What a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The signs both look great. You have a talent, girlie.

    And, the house, totally dreamy. Did it come with land? You know, just wondering.... ;)

    Then we could be neighbors. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that house. I also love driving the back roads to see the farms. :)

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails