Sunday, March 28, 2010

Paper Easter Lily Tutorial

I'm going to do it. I'm just going to do it. Try my hand at a tutorial that is. NOW, I will forewarn, if you end up making a felt parakeet or a tin can sombrero I cannot be held liable...I've never done a tutorial and I just might stink at it. ;-)

This is a super cute project for your kiddos for Easter. Paper Easter Lilies!! And they really do actually look like a lily when finished! I saw this project over here but I will admit I remember VERY LITTLE Spanish from high school (wish I did). SO, I sort of winged it. I didn't take the time to Google Translate, forgive me.


The supply list is pretty short...white copier paper, green paper, green cardstock, tape and a little yellow paper.

Roll up the green paper, long side, around a skewer...or whatever long skinny round thing you can dig up. This takes a little patience. Trust me.

When your paper is rolled, tape it three times to keep it from unrolling. Remove the skewer.

Fold the cardstock in half long ways.

Cut shapes resembling leaves. Be sure to leave a little space at the bottom (fold side), as this is where your stem will eventually slide through.

Notch the folded end of the leaf.

Trace and cut around your great big grown up hand, or around your cute little kiddo hand.

Now you have notched leaves, a big white hand, a rolled stem and a little yellow stamen.

Roll each of your fingers around a pencil, just so.

Fold your stamen in half, roll one side.

Roll your leaves a bit as well.

Slide your leaves, curls down, onto the stem.

Tape the stamen to the stem. PLEASE do this step BEFORE the flower part...
trust me on this one too.

Now gently roll your hand, curly fingers pointing down around the stem and tape!

8 comments:

  1. Nice tutorial! I'm still laughing at the tin can sombrero! This is a cute idea and would be fun to make with your kids. I could have used this when I was art mom for one LONG year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simple and beautiful project. Thanks for the tutorial!

    I'm hosting a giveaway and I'd love it if you stopped by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I thought it was cute but then I saw how you used the hands. I love using my lids hands to create art to give to grandparents. This will be perfect for EAster!

    Have a blesses day, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! ...and a great tutorial. Thanks for posting just in time for an Easter project :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a cool idea!!! Thanks so much... and your tutorial ROCKS!

    Alison
    http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen anything like this before...how creative you are! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial. This is one fo my absolute favourite crafts to do with kids. Thanks for linking up on Tot Tuesdays last week. I hope you’ll join me this week for another party. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I kinda love comments, who doesn't? Nice comments. Only. I'm picky that way. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails